Write 250 words for the following questions.
Interview someone who knows you well.
- Ask them which personal conflict style(s) you use most often (avoidance, accommodation, competition, compromise, or collaboration). Based on those findings:
- Discuss the effect the style has on your relationships and conflicts you have.
- Did their description of your conflict style match your own perceptions?
- Are most of your conflicts functional or dysfunctional? (Include its characteristics from powerpoint).
- What variables from Chapter 12 (Interplay: The Process of Interpersonal Communication (Thirteenth Edition); Ronald B. Adler, Lawrence B. Rosenfeld and Russell F. Proctor) play a part in your conflicts most often? (ie. Gender, culture, family upbringing, self-concept, conflict ritual, four horseman)
- Discuss how different behavior (i.e. using a different conflict style or conflict management strategy), might produce more productive results or help you solve conflict better in the future. (Be specific).