- Contrast the external and internal dimensions of a career. Which do you believe is more relevant in determining an employee’s work behavior?
- Describe the role HRM plays in orientation.
- What are the five traditional career stages? Which of the five traditional career stages is probably least relevant to HRM? Defend your position.
The five traditional career stages are exploration, establishment, mid-career, late career, and decline.
- What kinds of signals can warn a manager that employee training may be necessary?
- How can a socialization process benefit an organization and the employee?