This is a group work, we do the Nike company .
So My part is just three and half pages and single space, with the Power Points. we need to do presentation.
All the requests are in the file.
This is my part job.
IV. Internal Analysis (10 Points)
1. A good place to start with an internal firm analysis is to catalog the assets a firm has. Make a list of the firm’s tangible assets. Then, make a separate list of its intangible assets.
2. Now extend beyond the asset base and identify specific capabilities or core competencies of the firm that are helpful in sustaining its competitive advantage?
V. Business Strategy (10 Points)
1. Does your firm have differentiated products or services? If so, what is the basis for this differentiation from the competition?
2. Does your firm have a cost-leadership position in this business? If so, can you identify which cost drivers it uses effectively to hold this position?
3. What is your firm’s approach to the market? If it segments the market, identify the scope of competition it is using.
4. Using the answers to the preceding questions, identify which generic business strategies your firm is employing. Is the firm leveraging the appropriate value and cost drivers for the business strategy you identified? Explain why or why not.
5. What suggestions do you have to improve the firm’s business strategies and strategic positions?
VI. Corporate Strategy (10 Points)
1. Draw out the industry value chain for your firm’s industry (see the slides on vertical integration strategy as examples). Is your firm highly vertically integrated? Are any of the vertical value chain operations off-shored? If so, list some of the pros and cons of having this part of the value chain outside the home country.
2. Draw out or list multiple products, divisions, or businesses of your firm. Is your firm highly diversified or highly concentrated? What is the “core” product, division, or business of your firm?
3. How do you categorize the diversification path chosen by your firm: Related, Un-related or Mixed? Critically evaluate your company’s diversification strategy by using one of the BCG or McKinsey matrices.
4. Has your firm participated in any mergers and acquisitions in the past few years? Did they result in a consolidation of competitors? Do you think the alliances have achieved the original intent, and therefore successful? Why or why not?
5. Now go back to the information on mission and major goals for your selected company and compare the mission and goals to what you have found as the corporate strategy. Are the mission, goals, and corporate strategy in alignment? Do you see any holes or conflicts among these three elements?