1) Watch the following video on how to brief a case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhKOv0VQENY.
2) Read the following articles on how to brief a case: http://www.lawnerds.com/guide/briefing.html;
3) Conduct research (ideally Google Scholar) to locate the following case listed below to find out more information in order to complete the required brief memo in step four.
- “Antitrust” Brief: Antitrust: Abbott Laboratories v. Portland Retail Druggists Association, In425 US 1
4) Write the brief memo in your own words and include answers to the following in the order presented:
- The complete title and citation for the case.
- Explain which court decided this case.
- How did the case get to the court? Discuss the procedural history of the case.
- Discuss the facts of the case.
- What legal issues were decided by the court in this case? Give its holding (decision) and the reasons it gave for the decision (reasoning)?
- Was the decision unanimous? If not, who dissented and why did they dissent?
- Why is this case important for healthcare administrators?