SUMMATIVE ESSAY: What Should It Look Like?
- Introduction : Include your plan for discussion along with a thesis statement that you will argue/support (3)
- Argument: Discuss topic, providing scholarly interpretation of topic.
- You can make pro/con arguments (2)
- Provide documented (citations& Works Cited) support for arguments (5)
- Include your own perspective to the scholarly interpretations (3)
- Conclude: Should be more than just a recap of your salient points.
- What were/are the implications of topic? (3)
- 3 pages (5)
- Writing mechanics (spelling, punctuation, verb tenses, capitalization, etc.) (5)
- Double-spaced (2)
Text book: 2nd amendment