Assessment Task 3 — Individual Report
Due date: 2 pm AEST Wednesday Week 12
Length: 1500 words maximum
Details – Written assessment
Check out the following ecolodges websites:
Your task is to write a report to address the following questions:
1. Choose any ONE of the ecolodges above and determine the target market of that service provider. Determine the characteristics of that target market and their wants and needs in terms of the service you are examining. What criteria would you use for segmentation, for example age, gender, income, occupation, psychographics, family life cycle or other criteria?
2. Identify and describe the key types of perceived risks that customers may experience in purchasing and using the services. (Consider displaying in a table).
3. Consider the extended marketing mix elements of people, process and physical environment that are inherent components of service delivery. How would that ecolodge capitalise on the key search, experience and credence Attributes in relation to people, process and service environment management and design?
4. Provide recommendations as to how the company may work to alleviate the perceived risks, before, during and after the service experience.
5. Finally, you are to provide a statement to reflect on how the Service Industry Marketing Unit has been valuable to you so far.
Your arguments and analysis in this report requires theoretical support from a minimum of 10 journal article references.
Your report should follow the subsequent structure:
• title page;
• executive summary;
• table of contents;
• target market description and segmentation criteria;
• key types of perceived risks;
• managing Search, Experience and Credence Attributes in relation to people, process and service environment management and design;
• recommendations to alleviate the perceived risks, before, during and after the service experience;
• reflection statement on value of studying the Service Industry Marketing Unit
• reference list.