Do internet research and find the answers from a reputable website to the following questions. DO NOT read editorials or opinion pieces about the topics. Do not use Wikipedia as a source although you may use it to quickly learn about a topic. In your responses avoid using terms that indicate support or rejection unless specifically asked. If you are asked for an opinion, it must be grounded in fact, not opinion. Be sure to include a link to your source so that the information can be verified. If you copy text from a source, it must be placed in quotation marks and cited. Your complete answer should be between 250 and 400 words – no more, no less. Thanks.
Choose either the Trans-Pacific Partnership or the North American Free Trade Agreement as the context for your answers.
1. Which countries are involved? What is their level of involvement?
2. Why was the agreement created? What was the need for such an agreement? What is the purpose of the agreement?
3. Describe the agreement. How long has it been in effect or When will it come into effect? What are some of the more important details?
4. What are some of the positive elements of the deal for the US? Why are some of the positive elements of the deal for Washington State? Why are some of the positive elements of the deal for Tacoma? (do not say there are no positive elements – there is always something positive).
5. What are the negative elements for the US? Why are some of the negative elements of the deal for Washington State? Why are some of the negative elements of the deal for Tacoma? (do not say there are no negative elements – there is always something negative).
6. As a business person in Tacoma, in your opinion, will this have an overall negative or positive effect on your business? As a citizen in Tacoma, in your opinion, will this have an overall negative or positive effect on the economy of Tacoma? This is the only opinion question in this assignment. You may state your opinion but be sure to have facts to back it up.