Due Week 7 and worth 75 points
Since you did such a superb job deciphering the mysterious communiqué, the joint task force has asked for your assistance again with a new case. They have asked you to plan and conduct the preliminary passive scan. Using what you learned in class, conduct data gathering and footprinting on the www.issaseries.com website and prepare to provide your findings to the task force.
Write a paper in which you answer the following:
- Describe all preplanning activities prior to conducting the passive scan on the target site.
- Explain what tools are required to conduct a passive scan on a website or company.
- Outline the procedures and results of the data gathering, noting any flaws or weaknesses.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify common information-gathering tools and techniques.
- Explain the process of network traffic analysis and sniffing and their appropriate tools.
- Compare and contrast defensive technologies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in cybercrime techniques and response.
- Write clearly and concisely about topic related to cybercrime techniques and response using proper writing mechanic and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.