The final project involves your review (follow) of two organizations — one for-profit and one not-for-profit site of your choice — to gather data that you will use to prepare a presentation of “best practices” and “recommendations” for the organization, for the consumer, or for the industry at large.
The project will consist of these parts (specific instructions will follow):
PART I — BACKGROUND and LITERATURE
- Description of the organizations and their digital/social media platforms
- Overview and history of the industry using literature
- Frame the project (put it in context) — what were you hoping to find out?
PART II — DATA METHODS AND FINDINGS
- Data from your follow time frame (10-15 days) — use the content analysis process to review for content, behavior, interaction, style, etc.
- Explain how you approached the research process, how you collected data
- Include summary of data (chart/table)
- Describe and analyze your data in a narrative that discusses themes or patterns
PART III — CONCLUSIONS and RECOMMENDATIONS
- Your conclusions about the data and what these mean to the industry of social media practice
- Your best practices and recommendation drawn from what you learned
This project should be prepared as a Word Document with a cover page, table of contents.