Within the Discussion Forum area, write 300–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
The sale of alcoholic beverages is highly regulated in many places and the beverages themselves are heavily taxed. Everyone who sells alcohol must have some sort of license or permit to do so. In a bar or restaurant, you are licensed as an on-premise dealer.
Chose one of the following methods to assist for your paper submission
- How do the various federal, state, and local agencies police the purchasing of alcoholic beverages for retail sale?
- Why do regulations on alcohol purchasing vary between states?
- Why do states have restrictions on supplier–customer relationships?
- What potential consequences can occur from not following the legal regulations? Include relevant examples.
- How can the employees protect themselves from legal liability for serving alcohol?