The therapeutic applications of DNA technology I’ve chosen is Gene Therapy. Write a paper addressing the following:
- Introduce the therapeutic technique. What is it? How was it developed? (Or how is it being developed?)
- Which disease(s) does it treat or prevent?
- Summarize the protocol used for this intervention.
- Describe the mechanism behind this application. What is happening on the molecular level?
- What are the pros and cons of using this technique?
- Find an example of a scientific journal article or medical case study where this technique is being implemented or developed. Briefly explain how it was used within the context of the paper. Make sure that you properly cite the journal articles or case study referenced in your paper.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 2-3 pages in length, not including the cover and references pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.). Include a title page and a references page.
- Cite a minimum of three sources, in addition to the textbook and any relevant course materials. These should be academic, peer-reviewed scholarly sources that support your responses.
- Demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course, and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these resources, but feel free to venture outside of the CSU-Global Library. Your responses should reflect scholarly writing.