Below questions are from “Essentials of Quality” Chapter 12 Quality Costs written by Victor E. Sower, ISBN 9780470509593
Provide a brief summary and/or analysis (a few sentences for each question is fine) for the following questions:
1. Of what value is a cost of quality system to an organization?
2. Why might there be some initial conflict between an organization’s cost accounting and quality engineering departments in starting a cost of quality program?
3. Why might prevention costs be referred to as an investment while failure costs might be referred to as true costs?
4. Why does Deming refer to external failure costs as “unknown and unknowable”?
5. Contrast Deming’s and Crosby’s views about the ability to quantify external failure costs.
6. How to Taguchi’s ideas about quality costs differ from the traditional view?