I will added everything you need all the readings, also week six is not up yet but I will added it next week I wanted to give you a head start. I will add my midterm paper and how to make it better because he took off a lot I did get a B, but I need better. On my midterm paper I did add a few things he had to say. really need this paper to be good. Once again I will add week 6 things this coming week thank you
Building on the information that you prepared from your Midterm Assignment, prepare a new research paper that addresses the below information in 5-7 full pages of content (not counting title or reference pages):
For the terrorist organization likely to conduct an attack within the United States that you selected, determine:
– What domestic data collection programs would be best utilized on the organization you selected? (Intelligence Collection disciplines discussed in week 5) Do not focus on overseas intelligence collection programs; this is an HLSS course and we are focused only on the homeland.
– Which members of the IC would be the best collectors of intelligence on this particular organization? (we discussed the agencies of the intelligence community in week 2) You may address agencies that collect overseas and within the homeland as the terrorism nexus overlaps both domains. You may also consider some of the field agencies of DHS (since DHS I&A is just an office and does not collect) as some of the operating components do collect like ICE, CBP, USCG, and the Secret Service (who does focus on terrorism financing). Again, this is a Homeland Security course, so focus on the agencies that can support the homeland (like the FBI), not primarily overseas intelligence collection of foreign targets.
– What intelligence analysis strategies would be the most effective and why? (choose only from the strategies discussed in the week 6 lesson). Remember that critical thinking is not a strategy — be specific about what you think will help analyze what we collect on a clandestine terrorist group attempting to attack the U.S. homeland.
Note: As a paper for this HLSS course, these questions are to be answered as it relates to collecting and analyzing intelligence on the terrorist group plans and activities within the U.S. as they prepare to attack so that law enforcement and security officials here in the homeland can detect, identify, and warn on this potential or hypothetical attack. You do not need to address how to stop this attack, that will be the subject of your recommendations in your final paper. Only address your hypothetical attack using a paragraph or two (unless you were specifically told that you did not address the attack in sufficient detail in your midterm).
This progress paper will set the stage for your final paper where you will then discuss how intelligence, law enforcement and homeland security officials from all three levels of government can prevent or disrupt this attack (as well as your recommendations to them in your final paper). Therefore, do not address measures to stop or interdict the terrorists in your progress paper, only focus here in this paper on intelligence collection disciplines, the most appropriate IC agencies to play a role, and the most effective analytical techniques to employ in this scenario.
I would also remind you that the CIA does not collect anything domestically, they are a foreign intelligence agency. See the readings from week 5 as well as this link to Executive Order 12333 https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/eo12333.html. The NSA is very different as they can and do collect both foreign and domestic communications when authorized by a court (like FISA) or under certain conditions by the Attorney General (to support the FBI). See https://www.nsa.gov/about/faqs/sigint-faqs.shtml
The Progress Assignment is due on Sunday of Week 6. The analysis must be double spaced and follow APA guidelines (in -text parenthetical citation format, not endnotes or footnotes) and be free of typographical, spelling and grammatical errors (see example paper). 5 is the minimum number of pages of content not counting title page and reference page. Name the assignment “LastnameHLSS320Progresspaper.doc”. Compliance with the above directions, quality of your analysis, and the SSGS Assignment Rubric for 300-400 Level Classes will be used to evaluate this assignment. Assignment Rubric
Clarification on assignments: The first paper (the midterm, your Red Cell paper) was about the terrorist group you selected and was basically from the terrorist perspective, and it should have addressed attack scenarios of how your group could attack the U.S. Homeland. The second paper (the progress assignment) is from the friendly perspective and is on how the U.S. can do intelligence collection and analysis on the terrorist group:
For the final assignment, it will give you an opportunity to describe how to stop the attack by making your own recommendations based on what you learned.
Note: You must use APA (in-text parenthetical) format [but not endnotes or footnotes] in HLSS owned courses. The APUS library has many useful documents, videos and guides on how to research, write and cite for college level papers. See http://www.apus.edu/Online-Library/resources-services/resources/student-academic-resource-center.html. I have also attached an example papers to the assignment instructions for your midterm that you should use as a template for your papers in this course.
Make sure you read the instructions carefully and that you focus your paper on answering the assigned question. This assignment is a research paper, not an opinion paper, so you need to cite scholarly sources to support your thesis. Make sure you use APA style in-text parenthetical citations at the end of every sentence where you are quoting or paraphrasing another’s ideas (or any information) that is not your own thoughts and words, like this (Bergen, 2015, para 14). I highly recommend you use the APUS writing guide based on the APA style which can be found in the university library or at this link: APUS Style Guide for APA. You are welcome to use supplementary sources to compliment the assigned readings based upon your research, but make sure you use scholarly and credible sources. See the APUS Library Homeland Security Program Guide for good sources, as well as the APUS Research Primer and the APUS Library Research FAQs.
– 5-7 Full pages of text (not counting title page or references). 5 FULL pages of content is the minimum acceptable length
– Written according to the APA style and format;
– Use Times New Roman 12 point font;
– 1 inch margins on all sides with no paragraph indentation other than the first line by .5 inches
– Double space all text (no extra lines or spaces after a paragraph or section headings and no added font sizes or lines either)
A respectable number of credible resources used, cited in the paper as in-text citations, and included on the reference page. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content (at least 10 scholarly references for this 5 page paper). Use those sources provided to you throughout the course (listed in the announcements), as well as other material obtained from conducting your own research. Freely utilize appropriate and reputable academic sources, summarize in your own words and cite accordingly.
Be mindful of excessive direct quotes as the paper should not contain just a string of various quotations. Make sure you comply with all academic integrity standards expected by APUS and as slide 14 of the APUS Academic Integrity presentation posted in course syllabus (and the week 1 introduction forum) states “Quotes cannot make up more than 10% of the text of your assignment.” So paraphrase where you can and provide your own analysis and synthesis of your research. See the syllabus tab within this course for more important information on academic integrity and the repercussions of plagiarism.