WEEK 2 Assignment
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
This is a benchmark assignment for the School of Information Technology MISM Master’s Program students. Store your submission with any grading feedback in your Professional’s Portfolio and use the following tag:
MISM Tag: MISM-UMG1
Responses to each question should fully answer and explore the question, may be less than or around 500 words (or whatever word count fully answers each question), and should be supported with scholarly research from your textbook and also often from outside internet sources, excluding wiki sources. Remember that well-written responses do not need to be excessively wordy. Be sure to paraphrase and cite your sources. Refer to APA.
Check Your Understanding (40%):
1. Consider the functional departments reviewed in chapter 3. Which department do you think faces the greatest number of ethical challenges? Why?
2. Provide three examples of unethical behavior that you have observed at the company you work or (or worked for in the past). What were the outcomes of this behavior?
3. What are “Creative book keeping techniques”? Provide three examples.
4. Explain the potential ethical challenges presented by generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Complete the “Internet Exercise” on page 58 of Business Ethics Now.
Case Study (40%) approx. 500 to 750 words
Review Issue 5 from Taking Sides: Clashing Views in Business Ethics and Society. Which viewpoint do you side with? Why? Explain. Reference at least two outside resources that further support the viewpoint you side with.