Week 3 Assignment
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and the any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
This is a benchmark assignment for the School of Information Technology MISM Master’s Program students. Store your submission with any grading feedback in your Professional’s Portfolio and use the following tag:
MISM Tag: MISM-PG6
Responses to each question should fully answer and explore the question, may be less than or around 500 words (or whatever word count fully answers each question), and should be supported with scholarly research from your textbook and also often from outside internet sources, excluding wiki sources. Remember that well-written responses do not need to be excessively wordy. Be sure to paraphrase and cite your sources. Refer to APA.
Check Your Understanding (40%):
1. Define Corporate Social Responsibility.
2. Provide four examples of corporation’s legal obligations.
3. Define and contrast the instrumental model of corporate management with the social contract model of corporate management.
4. List and explain the five major trends driving CSR
5. Explain why organizations are struggling to adopt CSR initiatives.
6. Explain the term “triple bottom line”
Exercises (20%) DB4.2 – approx. 500 words
Review and critique the CSR policies of a Fortune 100 company of your choice. What are the strengths of the strategies? Where might the corporation focus to improve their CSR strategies? (500 word essay)
Case Study (40%) approx. 500 words
Read issues 3 and 14 from Taking Sides. Choose one issue to respond to. Which view point do you side with? Why? Explain. Reference at least two outside resources that further support the view point you side with.