Prepare an 5 to 7 page paper (excluding title page and reference page) that analyzes a legal/ethical issue or situation relating to a current, previous, or potential future work environment. Use at least 5 scholarly sources that are suitable for research in an undergraduate-level course (ie: Not Wikipedia!).
YOUR PAPER MUST INCLUDE
- A description of a business situation that presents a legal and ethical issue. The business situation must be from prior, current, or anticipated future employment experiences, or a current event. The description of the business situation must not exceed two pages.
- Analysis of the ethical concerns raised by the situation.
- Apply at least two different ethical theories to the situation to support at least two different outcomes.
- The paper must identify which ethical outlook as applied to this particular situation will result in the best legal outcome for the business.
- Application of the relevant area(s) of law (minimum of 2) that has (have) been addressed in this course to the situation (e.g., constitutional law, contracts, anti-trust law, securities regulations, employment law, environmental law, crimes, or torts) and a discussion of the applicable law as it applies to the situation identified.
- The application of law must be accurate and thorough.
- The discussion of the different applicable law suggested by the situation being examined must reflect a thorough understanding of the relevant legal analysis.
WRITING THE FINAL PAPER
The Final Paper:
- Must be 5 to 7 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a title page with the following:
o Student’s name
o Course name and number o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement, which identifies the focus of the paper.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least 5 scholarly sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA s