Business Leader Research Paper
Select a known business leader that you believe demonstrates strong leadership traits and write a research paper on this individual. This leader should not be someone you know personally. The research should include a profile on the business leader’s views on leadership, their development to become a leader, their leadership and motivational traits, and what the leader has done to gain a strong reputation. Cite specific examples of behaviors exhibited by this business leader using concepts from this course.
- Introduction Paragraph – Introduce the business leader’s name, background, occupation, and their position within the company. Identify the company or companies that the leader has worked for.
- Section 1: Business Leadership Background and Traits
- Paragraph 1: Describe the business leader’s development to become a leader.
- Paragraph 2: Describe the business leader’s views on leadership
- Paragraph 3: Describe what they’ve done to grain a strong reputation
- Section 2: Leadership style
- Paragraph 1: Describe their leadership and motivational traits.
- Paragraph 2: Describe what makes the leader effective.
- Paragraph 3: Describe how and what they measure or measured to ensure that their team or company is meeting objectives and are on target.
- Section 3: Examples of leadership
- Paragraph 1: Identify and describe one example of their leadership abilities.
- Paragraph 2: Identify and describe a second example of their leadership abilities.
- Paragraph 3: Identify and describe a third example of their leadership abilities.
- Conclusion: Summarize the leadership qualities and observations that you have found in your research.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.