Read “Employee First, Customer Second: Vineet Nayar Transforms HCL Technologies”
Read at least two scholarly articles that address effective organizational leadership generally, or at HCL Technologies specifically.
Write a paper of approximately 750 words that answers the following questions:
- In what ways was Vineet Nayar effective and ineffective in implementing change at HCL Technologies?
- Write a brief performance appraisal of Nayar, explaining each of the following core tasks, and provide an example to support your evaluation:
- Developing and communicating purpose
- Establishing performance goals
- Facilitating upward communication
- Strengthening the emotional bond between employees and the organization
- Developing future leaders
- Do you think Nayar deserves all or most of the credit for how well or how poorly the organizational change turned out? Why or why not?
- Besides Nayar, what other individuals or groups in the case were instrumental in the success or failure of the change? Describe how they contributed to or resisted the change effort