Imagine that you are the owner of a small floor refinishing business that provides a specialty coating product for ceramic tile and marble floors. There is no other local flooring business that provides this service. Having recently received a patent on your product, you are ready to expand your business by competing for Navy contracts at the local base, which is located a few miles away. The service you want to sell is the specialty coating, the application of the coating, and a regular maintenance schedule. Your company consists of you, one office assistant, and two production employees.
Note: You will be referencing this business throughout all five assignments for this course. Please use “First Name, Last Name, Inc.” as the name of your company throughout these assignments.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Develop your company’s acquisition and planning strategy for obtaining a contract.
- Analyze the manner in which utilizing SmartPay or a similar program in electronic contracting will assist your company and the Navy. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references Note: Wikipedia and other related websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the nature of government contracting, including authority, responsibilities, and legal considerations.
- Explain the government acquisition process using sealed bidding, negotiations, and alternative contracting methods.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in federal acquisition and contract management.
- Write clearly and concisely about federal acquisition and contract management using proper writing mechanics.