The Harvard Business School case “Thomas Green: Power, Office Politics and a Career in Crisis” (Product #: 2095-PDF-ENG) brings together multiple management and OB topics discussed throughout the course. Your final exam will consist of an analysis of this integrative case, due by the end of the course as a Word document (doc file) to be submitted here in the Assignments area of Sakai.
Instructions for the case analysis:
The format for the case analysis is flexible. The guidelines for length cover a broad range (minimum 500 words, maximum 3,000) to accommodate a variety of writing styles (please contact me if you need to go outside of that range). What matters most is the content, and your analysis should address the following issues (either as separate questions or as a single essay):
1. Discuss the differences in work styles, personalities, and expectations of Green and Davis.
2. How would you summarize Thomas Green’s situation? Analyze Green’s job performance to date.
3. Discuss the possible underlying agendas of Davis and McDonald.
4. Discuss a potential plan of action to correct the problem.
5. What tips would you suggest for effective boss-subordinate relationships?
Instructions for purchasing the case from Harvard:
Please use the dedicated Course link:
You need to register on the site to create a user name if you do not already have one.
Some course materials are PDF documents and you can open them with Adobe Reader. eLearning materials include a link you can use to gain access to them. Some course materials may not be available in digital format and these will be shipped to you.
You will have access to the course materials for 6 months.
After you register, you can get to the coursepack at any time by doing the following:
1. Visit hbsp.harvard.edu and log in.
2. Click My Coursepacks, and then click Management & Organizational Behavior
Professor: Regina Bento
Coursepack Name: Management & Organizational Behavior Fall 2015
Course Number: MGMT301
Reference Code: 38414702
You only need to purchase the text of the case itself ($3.95), in pdf or hardcopy (the audio portion is extra and entirely optional, just in case you want to listen to it in the car, etc.).
For technical assistance, please contact the Harvard Business Publishing Tech Help line at (800) 810-8858 (outside the U.S. and Canada, call 617-783-7700); or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Business hours are 8 am – 8 pm ET, Monday-Thursday, and 8 am – 7 pm ET on Friday.