Option #2: Case Study Analysis: Volunteer Work
Read and respond to a case study to demonstrate your understanding of, and ability to apply, the most important concepts of the module.
Review a case study of Habitat for Humanity attached in documents.
As an organizational manager, compose a proposal to your (fictitious) leadership explaining the value of locating and adapting a volunteer network. Be sure to address the following:
- A detailed report of what you have learned about potential organizational volunteers and where they can be found.
- Examples of how your organization would benefit from the volunteers.
- Describe how the volunteers fit into the organization’s structure. Take each of the six elements of organization design and discuss how each would affect this structural approach.
- Explain any impact to the organizational culture by referring to several of the tips found in the Adapting to Organizational Culture information in the Student Career Center.
Your well-written proposal should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length
- Formatted according to the APA Requirements with in text citations.
- Cite a minimum of two scholarly sources, at least one of which is not provided in, or linked from, the course.
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember that you can always improve your work by providing support from outside scholarly sources, which help both to bolster your own assertions and supplement your ideas.