Select TWO court cases (from different chapters) from the list below, and respond in writing to the case questions.
- Casias v. Wal-Mart Stores (Ch 1, p 7)
- Nino v. The Jewelry Exchange (Ch 1, p 21)
- EEOC v. Autozone (Ch 1, p 25)
- Narayan v. EGL, Inc. (Ch 2, p 40)
- Glatt v. Fox Searchligh Pictures Ch 2, p 42)
- Zheng v. Liberty Apparel Co. (Ch 2, p 57)
- Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools (Ch 3, p 83)
- Diaz v. Kraft Foods Global (Ch 3, p 86)
- Chattman v. Toho Tenax America (Ch 3, p 90)
- Geleta v. Gray (Ch 3, p 100)
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).
Download an example here
|Grading Criteria Assignments||Maximum Points|
|Meets or exceeds established assignment criteria||40|
|Demonstrates an understanding of lesson concepts||20|
|Clearly presents well-reasoned ideas and concepts||30|
|Uses proper mechanics, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling||10|