In your own words, answer two of the questions contained in the following case studies from the provided EBook.
This needs to be in APA formating and the question needs to be restated
Chapter 1 – Changes, Changes. Questions 1 – 4 (page 25ish in eBook)
Chapter 2 – We merged…Now What?. Questions 1 -3 (page 50 in eBook)
Chapter 3 – But… Its our company culture!. Both Questions (page 74 in eBook)
ALL Chapter case study answers MUST be supported by outside resources. Failure to provide supporting documentation will result in failing grade for the paper.
Changes Jennifer, the owner and manager of a company with ten employees, has hired you to take over the HRM function so she can focus on other areas of her business. During your first two weeks, you find out that the company has been greatly affected by the up economy and is expected to experience overall revenue growth by 10 percent over the next three years, with some quarters seeing growth as high as 30 percent. However, five of the ten workers are expected to retire within three years. These workers have been with the organization since the beginning and provide a unique historical perspective of the company. The other five workers are of diverse ages. In addition to these changes, Jennifer believes they may be able to save costs by allowing employees to telecommute one to two days per week. She has some concerns about productivity if she allows employees to work from home. Despite these concerns, Jennifer has even considered closing down the physical office and making her company a virtual
organization, but she wonders how such a major change will affect the ability to communicate and worker motivation. Jennifer shares with you her thoughts about the costs of health care on the organization. She has considered cutting benefits entirely and having her employees work for her on a contract basis, instead of being full-time employees. She isn’t sure if this would be a good choice. Jennifer schedules a meeting with you to discuss some of her thoughts. To prepare for the meeting, you perform research so you can impress your new boss with recommendations on the challenges presented.
1. Point out which changes are occurring in the business that affect HRM.
2. What are some considerations the company and HR should be aware of when making changes related to this case study?
3. What would the initial steps be to start planning for these changes?
4. What would your role be in implementing these changes? What would Jennifer’s role be?
Earlier this month, your company, a running equipment designer and manufacturer called Runners Paradise, merged with a smaller clothing design company called ActiveLeak. Your company initiated the buyout because of the excellent design team at ActiveLeak and their brand recognition, specifically for their MP3-integrated running shorts. Runners Paradise has thirty-five employees and ActiveLeak has ten employees. At ActiveLeak, the owner, who often was too busy doing other tasks, handled the HRM roles. As a result, ActiveLeak has no strategic plan, and you are wondering if you should develop a strategic plan, given this change. Here are the things you have accomplished so far: • Reviewed compensation and adjusted salaries for the sake of fairness. Communicated this to all affected employees. • Developed job requirements for current and new jobs. • Had each old and new employee fill out a skills inventory Excel document, which has been merged into a database. From this point, you are not sure what to do to fully integrate the new organization.
1. Why should you develop an HRM strategic plan?
2. Which components of your HR plan will you have to change?
3. What additional information would you need to create an action plan for these changes?
But…It’s Our Company Culture! You are the HR manager for a fifty-person firm that specializes in the development and marketing of plastics technologies. When you were hired, you felt the company had little idea what you should be paid and just made up a number, which you were able to negotiate to a slightly higher salary. While you have been on the job for three months, you have noticed a few concerning things in the area of multiculturalism, besides the way your salary was offered. The following are some of those items:
1. You know that some of the sales team, including the sales manager, get together once a month to have drinks at a strip club.
2. A Hispanic worker left the organization, and in his exit interview, he complained of not seeing a path toward promotion.
3. The only room available for breast-feeding mothers is the women’s restroom.
4. The organization has a policy of offering $200 to any employee who refers a friend, as long as the friend is hired and stays at least six months.
5. The manufacturing floor has an English-only policy.
6. You have heard managers refer to those wearing turbans in a derogatory way. What do you think needs to be done to create a more inclusive environment, without losing the culture of the company? What suggestions would you make to those involved in each of the situations?
please be specific about the topics and plag free
I had attached the e book question for reference