For your final project, you will select one company and conduct a course-long comprehensive analysis of its operations (though there will be no component of this project created in Week 2). Your study will include analyses of the company on the basis of searches such as Google Scholar that parallel the studies for that week. The following is a summary of the weekly deliverables for your final project:
Week 1: A discussion of the relationship between the organization’s mission and the operations strategy that is being pursued by the organization
This week, select a company of your choice and create a proposal describing the company. Include answers to the following questions in the proposal:
- What line of work is the company in?
- What products or services does the company provide?
- What is the company’s mission statement?
- Why did you choose this particular company? You are welcome to use your own company as long as you can remain objective through the course of the analysis.
- From a strategy perspective, what is a corporate strategy?
- From a strategy perspective, what is an operations strategy?
- What is the operations strategy of the company that you have chosen?
- How is the company’s mission statement related to its operations strategy?
Submit your proposal in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document. It doesn’t need to be in detail because the purpose is only to establish the foundation for the remainder of the course and the analysis of the operations of the company.
Using the APA format, cite the sources you use on a separate page.