Choose someone with whom you have an important interpersonal relationship, and explore how you influence each other’s self-concepts.
- Interview your partner to discover how your words and deeds influence his or her self-concept. Identify specific incidents to illustrate these influences, and discuss which specific parts of the self-concept you have affected.
- Then, share with your partner how his or her behaviors have affected your self-concept. Again, be specific about identifying the incidents and the parts of your self-concept that were affected.
- Once you recognize the power you have to shape another’s self-concept, ask yourselves what responsibility each of you has to treat the other person in a supportive manner when you are faced with delivering a potentially critical message.
- Based on the information exchanged so far, discusswhether you are satisfied with the way you have affected each other’s self-concepts.
- Identify any ways you could communicate more effectively.
Write a response that addresses each step of this process. Make sure to identify specific self-concept elements, ideas and theories as necessary, and be specific in your examples.
Answer every question/inquiry stated, thoughtfully, thoroughly, and in detail by posting directly in to the Moodle forum (no file attachments). Assignment responses need to be at least 250 words total, paragraph format, typed, in 12pt Times New Roman font, using APA format for citations, edited and proof read for grammar.