Recognition of prisoner rights has only developed in recent decades. It is important to learn from the events and milestones in the past to effectively evaluate the present state of corrections. In this assignment, you will use the course materials, textbook, library, and Web resources to research and explain some of the reasons why prisoners, historically, had very few rights. Review at least 2 articles on prisoner, rights and summarize your findings.
- Select 2 articles pertaining to prisoners’ rights.
- In 4–6 paragraphs, address the following:
- Why have prisoners, historically, had very few rights?
- What were the main arguments within your selected articles?
- Do you agree with the authors? Explain.
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your responses pertaining to the above information.
- Comment on at least 2 other students’ posts, and explain to them whether you agree or disagree with their stance on prisoners’ rights.