This course focuses on identifying types of conflicts and
resolving conflicts through effective communication techniques. Your
Final Paper will be an eight-to ten-page paper (excluding the APA title
and reference pages) that will showcase what you learned about conflict
and conflict resolution.
Identify a recent interpersonal, group, or organizational conflict that
you were involved in and was later resolved. Select five of the topics
listed below and discuss how they apply to your chosen conflict. You
must use a minimum of five resources to help support
your discussion of these topics. Be sure to focus on communication
techniques that were used during the conflict management process. Argue
whether the resolution to this conflict was a “best practices” approach
to resolving this conflict.
Your paper must include an introduction paragraph that provides a
high-level overview of your paper. In addition, your paper must include a
strong conclusion paragraph that brings together the topics discussed.
Remember not to introduce any new topics in your conclusion.
Conflict Topics for the Final Paper (select five)
- Why does conflict occur?
- Conflict management
- The positive and negative effects of conflict
- Role of personality types in conflict management
- Communication techniques
- Ethics and workplace conflicts
- Climate in a conflict situation
- Stress and anger
- Mediation and arbitration
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the APA checklist in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Common APA Citations page in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.