Consumers can be divided into three broad categories in terms of how they respond to consumer promotions:
- Promotion prone
- Brand loyal
- Price sensitive
Identify two services or goods that would fit into each category for you personally, for someone you know, or for a hypothetical case. For example, you or your subject may be promotion prone when purchasing soft drinks (one’s favorite brand is what’s on sale), but be very brand loyal (Nike, Reebok) when buying shoes. Compare your list with those of other students. Discuss the differences you observe.
For all discussion posts, back up your writing with terms and concepts from class readings. Remember, these same terms and concepts can be used in your Critical Thinking assignments and in the portfolio project, so use the discussion area as a place to practice applying terms and concepts to the situations being addressed.
Your post must be well written and formatted according to the requirements in the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. Include at least two substantive posts to classmates by Sunday. Respond to two or more of your classmates’ postings in any of the following ways:
- Build on something your classmate said
- Explain why and how you see things differently
- Ask a probing or clarifying question
- Share an insight from having read your classmates’ posts
- Offer and support an opinion
- Validate an idea with your own experience
- Expand on your classmates’ posts
- Ask for evidence that supports the post