By now, you should be very familiar with the Mattel case. we will evaluate the Mattel case study in the context of Corporate Social Responsibility. Specifically, socially responsible organizations behave in certain ethical ways. Socially responsible organizations tend to go above and beyond the rules, mores, and expectations that have been established (and that are expected to be adhered to) by the general public, company employees, end customers, buyers and suppliers, and the government, for example. We will investigate the ways in which Mattel’s behaviors and actions contravened the tenets of “socially responsible” behavior.
In a well-written, write Double space 3-page paper, APA format, discuss how the Mattel case informs our understanding of what it means for companies to be “socially responsible.”
Keys to the Assignment
- In the context of CSR, in what ways did Mattel demonstrate – not social responsibility – but social irresponsibility? Consider how the company’s actions may have run counter to the tenets of CSR through its neglect of duty to the company’s shareholders, its employees, and even the larger public trust. Be sure to cite specific examples.
- What have been the long-term consequences of Mattel’s actions, and how did the company’s implosion change our view of what it means for a company to be “socially responsible”?
- Be sure that you use at least two references from the library, and that you properly cite your sources. (see below and attached)
- Follow the guidelines in The Student Guide to Writing a High Quality Academic Paper ( See attached)
- You are expected to demonstrate evidence of critical thinking
- Must use below and attached for references
Corporate social responsibility. (2013). International Institute for Sustainable Development. Retrieved from https://www.iisd.org/business/issues/sr.aspx
Brooks, C. (2013, May 22). Social responsibility no longer optional for businesses. Business News Daily. Retrieved from http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/4528-social-respo…
Fallon, N. (2014, December 22). What is corporate social responsibility? Business News Daily. Retrieved from http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/4679-corporate-so…