Competency 1: Corporate Culture and Change
This competency will allow you to investigate the influence leaders have on business culture and how it can impact change.
In your continued role as NoJax’s organizational behavior consultant, you will examine their culture and how management can help employees adjust to change. You will need to use the management profiles in the company background document to analyze leadership traits and styles. NoJax needs you to write a report of their company’s culture and how change may impact employees and their relationship with management.
- Assess the company’s culture and provide your analysis, including the relationships between management and employees.
- Identify the company’s structure and explain how it impacts the culture.
- Provide an analysis of management leadership traits and leadership styles. Assess how those traits and styles may be impacting the company’s culture.
- How might a change in structure or management style impact the culture and employees?
Competency 2: Reorganization
This competency will allow you to demonstrate your ability and skill as a consultant and use your analysis of NoJax’s structure and organizational behavior to provide a plan for reorganization.
You have been asked by NoJax to come in as a consultant and analyze the business for factors that impact the organizational behavior of the company. NoJax would like to ensure that their company design is current and that their employees are as efficient as possible. You have been analyzing several elements of the organization structure and behaviors using the NoJax Company Background document to identify areas of improvement. You will use that information to provide NoJax a new reorganization plan to continue their success, to be more efficient, and to stay ahead of their competition.
In your reorganization report, address the following questions:
- Using your behavior analysis from module 01, provide a detailed plan to positively change current employee behavior. Include at least three aspects of diversity that will have a positive impact on the behavior of the organization. What new processes and continued training plans can NoJax implement to ensure successful assimilation of new employees?
- Utilizing the Big-Five personality traits you identified in module 02, relate them to how management can affect organization culture. How can the culture be altered in a positive manner to improve relationships with management and employees? What plan will you put in place to continue the positive relationships?
- Include the key elements you identified in module 03 that go into creating an organization as you describe NoJax’s company structure. How can the basic structure of NoJax be improved to better align business goals and employee objectives? Include at least five elements to improve the structure.
- Using the barriers in communication you identified in module 04, propose at least one change for each of NoJax’s barriers, so they are able to change their communication process. How will a more effective and supportive communication process have the most impact and build better relationships and a stronger culture within the company?
- Utilizing what you identified in module 05 as the process of decision-making NoJax currently uses, how can they become more efficient and better use the negotiation process? Make sure you identify each step of the decision-making process NoJax currently uses. Then you will need to add any elements of the decision-making process that are missing. If any current step is not working or is weak, you will need to describe how NoJax can improve each of those steps to be more efficient.
- In your proposed change for NoJax from module 06, how should each management person best use their management style to have the greatest positive impact on employees? How can management maintain a balance between the current culture and making new and improved relationships to minimize resistance to change? Include at least six elements in your plan.
PLEASE BE PROFESSIONAL WITH THESE COMPETENCIES. I EXPECT HIGH GRADE SCORE ON BOTH ANSWERS. BE DEEP IN SUBJECT AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS TO DO THE JOB. READ THE LINKS PROVIDED AND REMEMBER REFERENCE PAGE.