Please use General Motors for each weeks assignments
Week 1 Key Assignment
Part 1- APA style 700-900 Words with at least 2 scholarly references
Part one of this week’s assignment: you will be profiling 1 organization and interpreting change as it applies to the organization and the individuals within that organization. Before you begin your assignment, choose the organization that you would like to profile for this course.
For this assignment, you will need to do the following:
- Identify the organization that you have selected to profile throughout this course.
- Include a brief summary of the organization (maximum 1–2 paragraphs).
- Research the following 4 paradigms:
- The economic paradigm
- The individual differences paradigm
- The human relations paradigm
- The cognitive paradigm
- Discuss each of the 4 paradigms. Discuss their early historical significance to the field of organizational change.
Part 2- APA style 700-900 Words with at least 2 scholarly references
Part two of this week’s assignment: your role will be an organizational change agent evaluating the organization that you have chosen to analyze in this course. To complete this assignment, research the 4 steps of strategic management change, identify a change that has occurred in your organization, and then detail the organization’s progression through the 4 steps of strategic management change. In addition, identify some ways that your organization fosters learning and development, utilizes knowledge management, and utilizes strategic systems-oriented approaches to foster positive change.
The 4 steps of strategic management are as follows:
- Environmental scanning
- Strategy formulation
- Strategy implementation
- Strategy evaluation
The types of change that you may examine in your organization include the following:
- Strategic: Sometimes, in the course of normal business operation, it is necessary for management to adjust the firm’s strategy to achieve the goals of the company, or even to change the mission statement of the organization in response to demands of the external environments.
- Structural: Organizations often find it necessary to redesign the structure of the company because of influences from the external environment.
- People-centered: This type of change is aimed at altering the attitudes, behaviors, skills, or performance of employees in the company.