Choose a specific film or television show as a case study and discuss the idea that film and television help shape criminal justice policy. Use specific examples from the film/television show to illustrate your points. Your paper should make explicit your perspectives on:
- how accurate the film/television show is in its portrayal of criminal justice policy
- crime myths perpetuated by the film/television show
- crime realities identified by the film/television show
- ways in which the film/television show’s portrayal of crime might affect public perception of risk in one’s daily life
- changes to the film/television show to improve the accuracy of its portrayal of criminal justice policy.
Your paper should be well-written, 4-6 pages in length, and formatted according to APA. Your paper should use at least three credible sources, including the original film or television show that you are analyzing.