Assume that you are the curriculum designer for a school district. The school board has requested that several teams develop proposals for new curricula to meet newly established state standards. You and your team must develop the first proposal to provide as a pilot or model for the other teams. You have to first identify a specific curriculum area not currently used in the school district that would greatly benefit the students in the district. THIS ASSIGNMENTS BUILDS ON THE Second ONE!!! SEE ATTACHMENT BELO
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Summarize the following aspects of Assignments 1 and 2:
- Describe the specific curriculum area and grade level(s) for the pilot curriculum
- Describe at least four (4) core instructional goals for the curriculum
- Review the various approaches to be used for the planned curriculum as well as potential cultural influences
- Review the strategy for incorporating critical thinking skills into the planned curriculum using Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Develop at least three (3) student learning outcomes for each of the core instructional goals in the planned curriculum. (Note: Student learning outcomes must support accomplishment of their respective core instructional goal and be stated in a manner that is observable and measurable. The student learning outcomes must also support development of critical thinking skills consistent with Bloom’s Taxonomy. A brief article on writing student learning outcomes or objectives, “Writing learning objectives: Beginning with the end in mind,” may be found here.
- Outline a least one (1) instructional lesson or exercise that could be used to facilitate mastery of one of the three (3) student learning outcomes listed. (Note: The instructional lesson outline should include instructor activities to promote mastery of the learning outcome and develop critical thinking skills. The outline should also include student activities that promote critical thinking and accomplishment of the learning outcome.)
- Propose at least one (1) way the students for which the lesson is designed will use technology as part of the lesson, providing a rationale for the technology.
- Propose at least one (1) way in which technology will be used to deliver the lesson, providing a rationale for the technology.
- Create an implementation plan for the curriculum in the form of a PowerPoint presentation of at least eight (8) slides. Include (a) a summary of the development process (Assignments 1 and 2), (b) the instruction lesson outline, (c) an implementation timetable, and (d) the human and capital resources needed for successful implementation. (Note: The PowerPoint, which is not part of the page count, will be presented to the District School Board.)
- Use at least three (3) relevant, scholarly references published in the last seven (7) years. (May use references already used in this paper.) (Note: Wikipedia and other non-government Websites do not qualify as scholarly resources. Review the supplementary readings list on the first page of the course guide for possible references.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page, PowerPoint presentation, and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length