Pacific Palm Oil Company (PPO)
Review the requirements located in the Brainstorming Discussions Module.
MDQ STEP THREE: BUILDING THE DECISION
The purpose of this week’s brainstorming discussions is to address the type of information PPO needs to gather in coming up with creative alternatives to use in the MDQ decision making model. Useful information involves researching anything that the manager needs to know that might influence the decision making process. This includes experience from past or future situations as well as factual information. Even though the manager has no control over future events, information needs to be gathered to anticipate outcomes, consequences or actions when acting on PPO’s alternatives.
In Building the Decision, the manager will create FOUR viable alternatives. The case study mentions several obvious alternatives, such as:
- Obtaining a bank loan
- Applying for another government loan
- Educating the public
- Setting up an Orangutan Sanctuary
- Harvesting deforested land
However, NONE of these alternatives are strong enough on their own. The manager must look for ways to combine them with other possibilities to make stronger alternatives. One of the things the manager needs to consider is how to raise money. The expectation is to create alternatives that are creative, demonstrate critical thinking, use additional research, and meet as many of the objectives as possible.
1. By WEDNESDAY, complete the following:
- All conclusions, justifications, reasoning, and explanations must be supported with course material in the form of APA in-text citations (page/paragraph numbers required) and a reference list.
- Discuss in one paragraph the type of information the manager needs to gather for PPO. Discuss the biases and traps that should be avoided.
- Create FOUR possible alternatives for PPO. Discuss each of these alternatives in separate paragraphs by explaining the alternative in detail, pointing out the biases, and potential consequences. Additional research will be required to support their viability.