You are the information technology manager for your employer, or for a firm you are familiar with. The IT department is responsible for the availability of system assets. One important goal to be achieved is making sure that the assets are guarded against any denial-of-service attacks. There is a need that you write a report assessing the types of possible denial-of-service attacks that might affect the company’s information systems.
Your well-written paper assessing the types of possible denial-of-service attacks should answer the following questions:
How can the company protect itself from this type of attack?
Who would be responsible?
Does the company have an Incident Response Team (IRT)?
Do they have a disaster recovery?
What else can a company do?
And should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages.
- Contain an illustrative table or a diagram created from properly cited external references
- Include two external references in addition to the textbook.
- APA style guidelines, citing references as appropriate.
- You are strongly encouraged to submit all assignments to the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting them to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment to the Originality check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check Student Guide provided below.