For each image, include the following information in “bullet” format (cut and paste the items below to use as your template): when done, I will be asking for replies on 2 other posts.
Painting #1: https://goo.gl/images/ZvHzNv
Painting #2: http://collection.sdmart.org/Obj2671?sid=648&x=379…
- Artist name
- Name of the artwork
- Medium (what it’s made of….oil paint, charcoal, etc)
- Attach the image
- Style of Representation: these are the general forms/styles of representation, or how art “looks”. Describe how it qualifies according to one of the styles. You must describe details of the artwork; anything from color, texture, flat areas, 3-D areas, size, whatever it seems to you to discuss to back up your choice of style.
• Representational or Naturalistic: Idealized, Expressionist, Surreal
- FORMAL ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES OF COMPOSITION: Identify the artwork in regards to the noticeable elements & principles with your new vocabulary; you don’t need to address ALL of the elements/principles, just the ones that are dominant. Remember, now that we have a list of things to look for, we can identify them more easily. You MUST use the correct vocabulary (from the textbook) in order to earn credit.
- FORMAL ELEMENTS: line, light and value, color, texture and pattern, shape and volume, space, time and motion, chance, improvisation and spontaneity.
- PRINCIPLES OF COMPOSITION: balance, rhythm, proportion and scale, emphasis, unity and variety.