It is important all organizations to have a disaster recovery and business continuity plan. Find out if your current or prior organization has/had a disaster recovery plan. You will be discussing the following:
- Does the definition of disaster recovery used in the course fit well in the organization’s disaster recovery plan? Why or why not?
- What disaster type(s) apply to the organization?
- Identify a threat(s) that the organization has not incorporated into its disaster recovery plan.
- If you had to make a change to the organization’s existing disaster recovery plan, what obstacles might you encounter? Who are the various stakeholders and what objections are they likely to raise?
- What do you think a disaster recovery plan and a business continuity plan should provide for an organization? Do you see major differences between the two plans? Do you think they should be in one document or not? Justify your answer.
Please provide and cite references.