- Discuss the advantages and limitations of studying organizations as culture.
- Select an organization that you believe has a clear and unique culture.
- Define each of the three approaches with detailed examples from the organization you selected and the textbook to support your points.
- Explain how a supporter of the practical view would analyze that organization’s culture.
- Explain how a scholar of the critical-postmodern view would analyze the culture of the organization.
Describe the various tactics that a new employee might use to learn more about an organization’s culture using the techniques in the text to support your points.
Describe the role of technology (internet, social network sites, etc.) in this socialization process.
How did you learn about the culture of your workplace when you were hired? Was it effective? Why or Why not?