Who is a manager and how do managers make decisions for the future based on today’s information?
For this discussion activity, you will complete a scavenger hunt by seeking out two examples of people who you consider to be great managers, along with two examples of folks who are not doing so well. Include some times when they made decisions (either bad or good) based on imperfect information. These examples can be from current events, historical instances, or classic examples, in video or print.
Conduct a web search seeking two examples of management functions.
- Discuss what you found during your web search.
- Provide a description of your selected key functions and how these affect the 21st century manager.
In response to your colleagues:
- Discuss any personal experiences you have had with management.
- Discuss any similarities or differences with your own perceptions.
When responding to your fellow classmates’ posts, discuss their examples and experiences and present different thoughts and ideas on how best to approach and resolve these issues.
Things to Remember!
- Post a 2 to 4 paragraph discussion post (300 words minimum). Justify your explanations by including in-text citations and references in APA format as applicable.
- Post your primary response on the discussion board by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to review your writing for grammar and spelling before posting. Read any postings already provided by your instructor or fellow students.
- Read and respond to at least two of your classmates. Remember to read the feedback to your own major postings and reply to it throughout the module.
Use resources to properly cite your work: