Discussion 1: 600 Words
Managing & Using Information Systems: A Strategic Approach, we discuss the use of knowledge management in IT in business.
devise a process to retain the knowledge of your organizations’ IT department. How would you retain the documentation and the IT personnel’s knowledge about the different IT products and services so they can be kept, organized, and easily searched in the future?
Discussion 2: 600 Words
The rising importance of big-data computing stems from advances in many different technologies. Some of these include:
· Computer networks
· Data storage
· Cluster computer systems
· Cloud computing facilities
· Data analysis algorithms
How does these technologies play a role in global computing and big data?
portfolio project is a three- part activity. You will respond to three separate prompts but prepare your paper as one research paper. Be sure to include at least 5-6 sources cited
Start your paper with an introductory paragraph.
Prompt 1 “Data Warehouse Architecture” (2-3 pages): Explain the major components of a data warehouse architecture, including the various forms of data transformations needed to prepare data for a data warehouse. Also, describe in your own words current key trends in data warehousing.
Prompt 2 “Big Data” (1-2 pages): Describe your understanding of big data and give an example of how you have seen big data used either personally or professionally. In your view, what demands is big data placing on organizations and data management technology?
Prompt 3 “Green Computing” (1-2 pages): One of our topics in Chapter 13 and an article you read, surrounds IT Green Computing. The need for green computing is becoming more obvious considering the amount of power needed to drive our computers, servers, routers, switches, and data centers. Discuss ways in which organizations can make their data centers “green”. In your discussion, find an example of an organization that has already implemented IT green computing strategies successfully. Discuss that organization and share your link. You can find examples in the UC Library.
Conclude your paper with a detailed conclusion section.
The paper needs to be approximately 5-8 pages long, including both a title page and a references page (for a total of 7-10 pages). Be sure to use proper APA formatting and citations to avoid plagiarism.
Your research paper should meet the following requirements:
· Be approximately 5-8 pages in length, not including the required (separate) cover page and reference page.
· Follow APA6 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
· Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find resources.
· Be clear and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.
Discussion 1 – 600 Words
Discussion 2 – 600 words
Paper – must include introduction and conclusion — 6 pages ( not including the required (separate) cover page and reference page)