BUS 330 – (Federal Contracting Made Easy 4th Edition – Scott A. Stanberry)
“Fixed-Pricing Contracting” Please respond to the following:
- Among the different forms of fixed-price contracting, determine the single most significant form that you believe would benefit the small-business owner the most. Explain your answer.
- Analyze how the small-business owner can take advantage of economic price adjustment. Give your opinion of what you believe would happen if the present economic situation changes the direction of these adjustments. Explain your answer.
“Setting Up a Bid” Please respond to the following:
From the e-Activity, list the steps a business must take into consideration when setting up a bid with the federal government. Determine the steps that an organization can skip and still have a strong bid. Support your answer.
- Among the steps described in Part 1 of this discussion, determine at least three where avoiding mistakes is critical. Explain your choices.
- Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on government contracting for small businesses, focusing on the steps of setting up a bid. Be prepared to discuss.
“Forms of Contracting” Please respond to the following:
- Among all the forms of contracting described in Chapter 16, determine which one you believe would benefit the small-business owner the most. Explain your answer in detail.
- Determine which form of contracting would be the most cost effective for a small business in your hometown. Support your answer with data from a small local business.
“Government Contracting: the Basics and Types” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, take a position on whether or not all the forms of contracting described in Chapter 16 can be grouped into the two broad categories: fixed price contracts and cost reimbursement contracts. Support your position.
- From the second e-Activity, take a position on whether or not the current types of basic small-business programs are sufficient for the government to provide maximum practicable opportunities in its acquisitions to small business. Suggest at least one additional type of basic small-business program. Support your suggestion.
- Read the article titled “Contract Types” located here(https://www.ohio.edu/ptac/downloads/contract_types.pdf). Be prepared to discuss.
- Read the article titled “Government Contracting: the Basics”, located here (www.acq.osd.mil/osbp/docs/government_contracting_the_basics/pdf), and take a note on basic small-business programs. Be prepared to discuss.
LEG 440 – (Federal Contracting Answer Book 3rd Edition – Terrence M. O’Connor & Mary Ann P. Wangemann)
- Imagine that you are a small-business owner. You are having a tough time with the bidding process; however, you believe you are close to securing your goal. You are always thinking one step ahead, so you are planning to protest any rejections. How would you approach the process and to whom would you direct the protest? Be sure to use an example or scenario, and the related details and specifics to support your response.
- Suppose you are a vendor and have been awarded a contract. Due to your vigilance and expertise, the project will be completed prior to the deadline. This event is great news as it is your first contract and you want to do the job well. However, due to issues on behalf of your client, the government, delays have occurred in the final stages of completion.
- Describe your rights and remedies for the damages caused by the government’s delay. Then, describe the rights and remedies of the government even though the government purportedly caused the delay. If it is determined that you, as the contractor, are not responsible for the delay, how would you assess the damages against the government?
BUS 335 – (Staffing Organizations 8th Edition – Herbert G. Heneman III; Timothy A. Judge & John Kammeyer-Mueller)
Please respond to the following:
Determine three (3) advantages and three (3) disadvantages of using traditional predictors (e.g., resume-bio presentations, interviews, reference checks, etc.) versus substantive assessment methods (e.g., personality tests, cognitive tests, integrity tests, etc.) when selecting new employees. Next, select the one (1) assessment method that you believe is the most reliable for hiring new employees, and specify two (2) benefits of utilizing your selected method within an organization. Justify your response.
Please respond to the following:
o Choose three (3) internal selection factors that you believe would be most reliable for promoting employees within an organization. Next, describe two (2) reasons why an individual should consider these three (3) factors when promoting employees within an organization. Justify your response.
- Based on the case study Changing a Promotion System (Pg. 531 – Pg. 532), determine what you believe are the three (3) primary weaknesses in BioGlass Inc.’s promotion policy. Next, describe two (2) solutions to address the identified weaknesses. Then, provide one (1) method for preventing similar problems in the future. Support your rationale with specific examples of such strategies.