Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas. At least two citations and references.
As the human resources training professional, you have been asked to train hiring managers about the importance of knowledge of employment laws in creating a fair and safe work environment. These laws protect the company and its employees. The laws included in the training are as follows:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Equal Pay Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
Discuss the following:
- Research and briefly discuss each of the laws and why they are important to know.
- Provide an example or a story of the laws that you have encountered in the workplace.