Examine common HR practices affecting employee relations and then explain how you will apply them to your current organization. If you are not currently employed, select a former employer and adapt those practices to that organization.
- Select five HR practices that promote positive employee relations and legal compliance.
- The HR practices you choose must include at least one alternative dispute resolution (ADR) technique and at least one labor relations practice.
- Explain how you would apply the selected HR practices to your organization.
- Consider relevant legal and ethical considerations and the influence of organizational culture and norms on employee and labor relations.
- Explain how these practices will promote HR as a strategic employee relations partner and enforcer.
- State your selected organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- As the employee relations manager of this organization, explain how you would ensure that the mission, vision, values, and applicable employment laws complement each other.
- Compose a 1- to 2-sentence statement for the organization’s employee handbook that reflects the organization’s commitment to positive employee relations and compliance with state and federal employment laws.
- Length of paper: Your paper should be 6–8 pages (double-spaced), including a references page.
- Written communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional. Your writing should be:
- Concise and logically organized.
- Free of errors in grammar and mechanics.
- Validation and support: Provide relevant and credible supporting evidence.
- APA formatting: Format all citations and references in accordance with APA sixth edition guidelines.