1) Discussion: Framing and Resolving the Problem
Directions: Please answer BOTH of the questions.
Describe the model of “respect to persons” to common morality, explain its purpose in society, and then provide examples (from either your work experiences or from Internet search) of implementing the model using one of the three approaches: “Golden Rule”, “Self Defeating” and “The Rights”.
Discuss what is meant by creative middle way solutions. How do these solutions help in making decisions?
2) Paper: Framing and Resolving the Problem
- Investigate utilitarianism on the internet and
answer the following questions: (write at least 3 paragraphs)
- Where did this ethical theory originate from?
- What are the basic ideas of this theory?
- How can we apply this ethical theory to our personal and professional lives?
- Read the case study “Allowing defective chips to go into the market” on the internet athttp://www.onlineethics.org/Resources/Cases/DefectiveChips.aspx#solep. Comment on the creative middle way solutions presented in the case to solve the problem. (use the template: Evaluating the Case Study)