To successfully complete this assignment, include the following:
· Explain what evidence the defense must present at trial to successfully assert the entrapment defense, using a recent case in NJ jurisdiction.
· Explore how the prosecution may rebut the “innocent person” claim with evidence of prior bad acts relevant to crime charged.
· Differentiate between the subjective test, which examines characteristics of the accused to determine if that person was predisposed to commit the offense, and the objective test, which is usually premised on extreme and outrageous government conduct.
· Articulate why it is important for law enforcement officers to understand the legal and social parameters in entrapment cases.
· Required page count: 3–4, not including the cover page or the references page.