This week, you will be posting the first draft of your course paper. While you should consider this draft to be a work in progress, you should take great effort in preparing the best draft you can create. The more complete your work, the better comments you will receive, and these comments will help you craft a much more effective course paper. Make sure you follow APA guidelines for formatting and citations, and refer to the following criteria to construct your draft.
Please take the time to review the following documents to make sure the final version of your paper aligns to these requirements.
In addition, please review the paper requirements listed below to ensure you craft your paper in a way that will cover everything.
Requirements of the Paper
- Your paper should be at least 4000 words long (this can range anywhere between 12-15 pages or more).
- The paper should have at least 10 cited resources within the paper. At least six (6) of these resources must be peer-reviewed library resources.
- Your paper must combine information from two different disciplines – preferably disciplines you’ve taken at least one class in during your college career.
- Your paper must be in APA format, using the 6th edition of the APA Publication Style Guide.
- All information drawn from external sources must be cited properly, both within the text of your essay and in a references page.
- 20% of the grade – Met criteria for the paper (length, resources, integrating disciplines, etc.)
- 20% of the grade – Met APA style requirements (formatting, citations, conventions, etc.)
- 10% of the grade – Adhered to grammar and mechanics
- 50% of the grade – Content