Review the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) found under Additional Resources.
Select one SDG that align with your interests or one you feel passionate about that could significantly improve global health.
Review the recommended actions.
Consider what steps healthcare professionals can take to advocate for vulnerable people at a global level?
- Almazeedi, H., & Alsuwaidan, M. T. (2014). “Integrating Kuwait’s Mental Health System to end stigma: a call to action.” Journal of Mental Health, 23(1), 1–3.
- Hall-Clifford, R., Addiss, D. G., Cook-Deegan, R., & Lavery, J. V. (2019). Global Health Fieldwork Ethics: Mapping the Challenges. Health & Human Rights: An International Journal, 21(1), 1–5.
- Mental Illness Will Cost the World $16 USD Trillion by 2030. (2018). Psychiatric Times, 35(11), 18F–18H.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (2017). Global health and the future role of the United States. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. (Click on the link to download Global Health and the Future Role of the United States. You do not need to purchase this book. Once you access the website, look on the far right and click on “Download this PDF” for your free copy, or Click “Read Online” to read without downloading).
- United Nations. (n.d.). Sustainable development goals – Goal 3: Good health and well-being.
This assignment will require you to create a 5 to 7-minute video or audio recording in a PowerPoint presentation.
Reflect on global issues in healthcare and address the following in your presentation:
- Briefly describe the selected SDG and the identified vulnerable population
- Analyze current healthcare policies that impact your selected global recommendation or SDG
- Explain the reason you selected the SDG and why it is relevant to the vulnerable population.
- Discuss why the SDG you selected should be achieved, including why there should be funding to implement the SDG.
**Again, I do not need you to do the audio, just the pp with the added notes
Length: 5 to 7 minute video presentation (mp4 format) with slide presentation
Structure: Include a title, objectives, and reference slides in APA format. Your presentation must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.