Option #1: Defender Direct, Inc.
Download (attached below) and read the case study from Hess’s Growing an Entrepreneurial Business (2011):
- Defender Direct, Inc.: A Business of Growing Leaders (attached below)
In a well-written paper, answer the following case study questions, providing an answer of at least 150 words for each question.
- What do you think Dave means when he states, “Businesses don’t grow—people do”?
- What do you think Dave means when he states, “Build a culture on purpose, not by accident”?
- Why did Dave want to build a business that could be “McDonaldized”?
- Explain how Defender’s business model of simplicity was scalable.
- What is the “Circle of Life”? Why is it important?
- How did Dave evolve his business model?
- “Businesses don’t grow—people do.” How did Dave grow? How did Dave’s growth enable the business to grow?
Support your answers using at least three sources with in text citations (for the entire assignment) other than the textbook. Your paper should be 3-4 pages, excluding title and references pages, and formatted according to APA Style.