You should write about the first story in your book “Heads of the Colored People: Four Fancy Sketches, Two Chalk Outlines, and No Apology.”
Journals are 1-2 pages double spaced.
- Please make sure you put your name and journal number at the top of your journal entry.
- What should be in your journal? A journal entry should contain 4 items about each piece of literature you read.
- A brief synopsis of what the piece was about [think characters, conflict, resolution]
- Any lines or phrases that have particular significance [think important themes, climactic moments]
- A short explanation of what you liked or found most valuable about this section.
- Any questions you have about the section. [Then ask those questions in your group to ensure you understand the piece better]