Aspiring to be a Supervisor
Directions: In a two to three page double-spaced paper, discuss why you aspire to become a health care supervisor.
- Include a brief evaluation of your qualifications (e.g., experiences, strengths, areas in need of improvement).
- Discuss how your strengths will help you become an effective health care supervisor given the changing marketplace and the range of challenges facing the health care industry in general and, specifically, those in health care administration.
- Discuss how you will address any current deficiencies in skills, experience, and/or education that might prevent you from achieving your professional goals.
- Include an example of an effective supervisor you have worked for in the past. What was the management style and how did his/her approach impact employees?
How your paper should be organized:
- Divide your paper into logical sections with each section having the appropriate heading (i.e., Introduction, Experience and Qualifications, etc., Conclusion).
- Properly cite and reference all sources used.
- Question 2.
Proposed Healthcare Organization
- In 1 page or less, describe the health care facility and department you wish to use for your final Research Paper.
- The health care facility/organization can be small or large, fictitious or real.
- Within that facility/organization, narrow your focus to a particular department and focus on developing a Supervisors’ Policies and Procedures Manual for that department’s supervisor(s).
- State why you selected the particular organization and include a summary of any challenges you believe you might face in completing your project using the selected organization.